11 Jan Wedding Dresses, Do’s & Don’ts
There’s no other tradition as synonymous with marriage as the white wedding gown. And for some brides the process started years ago. Are you the bride who started looking for your wedding dress before you were even engaged? You’re not alone. Most brides have thought about walking down the aisle in their wedding dress for years, probably envisioning the entire process of trying on dozens of dresses and falling in love with “the one”.
Top Wedding Dress Do’s & Don’ts
- DO Learn the wedding dress shopping lingo: Know your “Gown Vocabulary” before you go to your appointment, so that you are sure you and the consultant are on the same page.
- DON’T Bring a Huge Entourage: When was the last time a group of women were all in the same room and all agreed with each other? Never! Don’t have too many people with you when shopping for your wedding dress, it is going to be a real disaster.
- DO Take Advantage of Bridal Consultants: Bridal consultants know what they’re doing. They know what they have in stock, they’ve seen every size and shape bride you can imagine, and they know how to flatter any body type.
- DO Take Pictures: Take pictures of yourself in the wedding dresses to make sure they look the way you want. Don’t just take stand up photos either, you’re going to have to pose in the dress so move around.
- DON’T Limit Yourself to One Style: A different silhouette or material may flatter you better so don’t box yourself with one style and potentially miss your dream dress. Try on styles you’re unsure about, you never know.
- DON’T Wear The Wrong Underwear: This is one most brides don’t even think about until it is embarrassingly too late. Simple rule is to make sure you wear nice underwear. The bridal consultant and likely your friends are going to see you in them, so make the effort.
- DON’T Forget About The Extras: Ever bought a car and they add on extras till you look at the final tally and the price has almost doubled from the base price. Wedding gowns work the same way. The dress is just one part of the cost.
- DO Remember Your Budget, Always: This is a no brainer. Don’t try on dresses you can’t afford. The simple law of attraction says you’re going to fall in love with the dress you can’t have and then you’re only setting yourself up for failure. Don’t do it.
- DO Move Around A Lot: You’re not going to just stand on a podium and look at your self in the mirror at your wedding. Between walking down the aisle, some photos, sitting down to eat and lots of dancing, you’re going to be moving around a lot.
- DO Have Fun: This is a once in a lifetime experience. Don’t get stressed out about finding a dress. Enjoy yourself and have some fun.